Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm Pressing On!

Thanks for joining me on this journey, one that takes me in and out of the hospital, physical therapy, and down many other paths.

I’m doing this blog for me.  Yes, that’s right, for me!  I never want to forget or become complacent about my experiences over the past 2 years.  Wow!  Has it really been that long?  As I think back, I’m reminded how I often felt I couldn’t physically go another day.  And yet somehow, here I am.  Sounds cliche, but is it ever true... God is good!  There is no way on Earth that I would have been able to endure what I have without the mercies of the Lord extended to me each and every day.  So often I have to consciously remind myself that just as God provided manna for the Israelites as they roamed the desert, so does he daily provide for my every need.  WOW!  He has been AMAZING in my life!  Scripture after Scripture shows His unfailing love and faithfulness to us.  I am here today to say from first-hand experience that He is EVERYTHING He says He is!  No promise He has given us ever goes unfulfilled.  Thank you Jesus!

I have walked (sort-of) this road with a host of family and friends beside me, cheering me on.  Actually, I’ve often been carried down this road, for my load has been far too much for one person to bear alone.  My precious John has carried me across the river, through the valley, and all the way up to the mountain top.  And here he stands, armed and ready to continue the path ahead.  I don’t know how he does it!  He has been my champion through it all, and he still looks me in the eye every day and tells me that he’s right here beside me!  THANK YOU GOD for providing my husband!  My sweet John amazes me!  Anybody that can put up with me has to be wonderful!

The history- Four surgeries on the left knee including a cartilage implant and microfracture- FAILED!  Two surgeries on the right knee including cartilage implant- going strong!  So now I’m on the transplant list, waiting for a bone and cartilage transplant.  I got a call on Thursday saying that they think they have a match for me!  Here it is on Saturday, and I'm still waiting for that call.  Please, Lord, let it be soon!

My friend Eva reminded me of this scripture yesterday evening.  Is it ever true!

"But now, this is what the LORD says— 
       he who created you, O Jacob, 
       he who formed you, O Israel: 
       "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; 
       I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

 2 When you pass through the waters, 
       I will be with you; 
       and when you pass through the rivers, 
       they will not sweep over you. 
       When you walk through the fire, 
       you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."   

     -Isaiah 43:1-2

I praise my Lord that He never leaves me to walk this road alone!  May I keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, my Maker!

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers