Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm Home...

...and I'm feeling great!  As big as this surgery was, I'm doing incredibly well.  I have the nerve block in (I'll post pics of it later), so that has completely numbed the front side of my leg and knee.  But I am having severe lower back pain and throbbing pain through the back of my knee and leg.  Please join us in praying for relief!  Although, now that I think about it, the pain is probably a good thing because it keeps me from trying to get up and around when I shouldn't.  The hospital is only 4 miles from our condo, and to get home, we pass World Market.  For those of you that have been to our home, you know that it is furnished with World Market products, and you probably know that it is my all time favorite store!  I seriously tried to get John to stop there on the way home so we could shop!  We did have my wheelchair, and since I was feeling ok, I thought it would be nice to have an outing.  Needless to say, that didn't go over too well!  Thank goodness I have a reasonably minded husband, and the store still had 15 more minutes before it opened.  What was I thinking?

I'm coughing quite a bit from the breathing tube that was in my trachea during surgery.  Drinking tons of water, mainly to soothe my sore throat and also to help get things moving, if you know what I mean ;)  I'm trying to stay away from the narcotics and just take OTC medication for the pain.  I absolutely hate the horrible things narcotics do to the body!  My bedside table is stocked with my favorite things... sweet cinnamon pumpkin body lotion, vanilla lip balm, and the best ever candle from B&B works!  My room is feeling and smelling like autumn, even though the outside temperatures don't!

I'm expecting my parents to come for a visit this weekend to bring my favorite Mexican food!  This is the very first time that I got my appetite back right away after surgery, so I'm really enjoying eating!  I'm not allowed to get out of bed without help, and I can't bear any weight for at least the next 4 weeks!  But I'm hopeful that it will be worth it and I'll be back on my feet soon.  I am SO ready to walk again!

Well, I'm pretty tired, so I'd better go.  Feel free to come visit anytime!  
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers