Monday, October 19, 2009

Is it summer yet?

Believe it or not, I'm already asking that question!  Even Autumn in Texas is too cold for me!  Today was 74 degrees outside, and that was enough to cause a deep chill in my bones.  I got cozied up in a long sweater, fluffy socks, and my wonderful down comforter :)  Oddly enough, a temperature of 68 degrees inside was too biting, so I decided to turn on the heat for the entire afternoon.  John thought I was crazy, and honestly, I really don't blame him.  I feel pretty crazy myself each year as the days become shorter.  Annually, my doctor insists that I get my thyroid levels checked, and of course they are normal- every time!  Hmmm... maybe there is some other hormonal imbalance that contributes to my cold intolerance.  I don't think I'll ever stop saying that I was created for the tropics.  Ok, John, when can we move?!

Let me answer that rhetorical question myself... not for at least 3 years.  Why, you may ask?  Well, I got accepted to graduate school, and I'll be studying to become a Nurse Practitioner!  This is something I have thought and prayed about for years.  It was never a good time... until now.  So I have been admitted to begin my studies in the spring semester and will initially take Advanced Pathophysiology.  Despite it's reputation for brutality, I'm quite excited to expand my knowledge base!  As a side note, I am so thankful for the enlightenment that I had last month.  I think that it took severe honesty with myself, scrupulous thought and meditation, to acknowledge my source of pride.  In doing that, I was in a sense relinquishing control of my academic goals that have driven my spirit.  It was in freedom that I arrived where I am today.  Thank you, LORD!

Jessie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers